About Me

My photo
I moved to Alabama in 1978,and graduated from Fairhope High School in 1984. I attended Faulkner State Jr. College, and then the University of South Alabama where I graduated with a Marketing degree. I am married with two children, Jack and Heather, and we live in Spanish Fort. I have gone back to the University of South Alabama, and I am majoring in Elementary Education. This is my blog where you can explore some of the different things I have done in my studies.

1st Post for Teachers

Kathy Cassidy is my assigned teacher, and she teaches first grade.

I am going to comment on the three posts of hers that I read. I really appreciate somebody that takes the time to share information on things that they have learned and discovered. Her posts were very informative and interesting. The first one dealt with her getting her own domain name which I think is really cool, and adds a touch of professionalism to her computer endeavors. The second post was about a useful tool called Sketchcast. It allows you to draw a picture with three line choices , an eraser, and endless colors. It also video tapes you while your doing it so the kids really love it. The third post was about another useful tool called Storybird. With this one the students can write a story, and add pictures to it. This one also engaged the kids, and kept them writing much longer than normal.
Its good to hear about these useful tools that we as future teachers can use in our classrooms. Very nice and informative posts.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your comments, James! While I write my blog posts primarily as a reflective tool for myself, I also hope that others will benefit by what I write, and comments help me to know that they have. Good luck in your studies!

    ReplyDelete