About Me

My photo
I moved to Alabama in 1978,and graduated from Fairhope High School in 1984. I attended Faulkner State Jr. College, and then the University of South Alabama where I graduated with a Marketing degree. I am married with two children, Jack and Heather, and we live in Spanish Fort. I have gone back to the University of South Alabama, and I am majoring in Elementary Education. This is my blog where you can explore some of the different things I have done in my studies.

Teaching with Manipulatives


Teaching with manipulatives is very important. Children often learn better by actually doing, touching, and manipulating something. It is very important to incorporate this type of learning into the classroom. It is also a lot more fun to learn this way than just memorizing facts, and doing worksheets from a book. We did a really fun AMSTI lesson in our class, and here is a link to my reflection on it. AMSTI reflection link.

No comments:

Post a Comment