About Me

My photo
I moved to Alabama in 1978,and graduated from Fairhope High School in 1984. I attended Faulkner State Jr. College, and then the University of South Alabama where I graduated with a Marketing degree. I am married with two children, Jack and Heather, and we live in Spanish Fort. I have gone back to the University of South Alabama, and I am majoring in Elementary Education. This is my blog where you can explore some of the different things I have done in my studies.

Teaching with Manipulatives


I taught a lesson about geography, that focused on volcanoes. I used an interactive website that the kids could come up and change certain conditions to change and view the type of volcano those adjustments would make. They really had a lot of fun with this, and then we also went out on the playground to do an experiment. I had the kids build a mountain in the sand, and then I filled it with baking soda, vinegar, and food color to make it erupt simulating a real volcano. The kids really loved this lesson. Here is a link to my lesson plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment