About Me

My photo
I moved to Alabama in 1978,and graduated from Fairhope High School in 1984. I attended Faulkner State Jr. College, and then the University of South Alabama where I graduated with a Marketing degree. I am married with two children, Jack and Heather, and we live in Spanish Fort. I have gone back to the University of South Alabama, and I am majoring in Elementary Education. This is my blog where you can explore some of the different things I have done in my studies.

Parental Involvement


Parental involvement is extremely important. It is important that parents show interest and concern in their children's learning. If a child sees that their parents are interested in their work, they will strive to do better. At the beginning of the school year I plan on trying to involve the parents as much as possible in their child's work. I will create a website that the parents can log into to easily see what their child is working on, and their progress. They will have work sent home that will also need to be signed by the parent. I will also have an email and phone number that parents can reach me on. I plan on inviting the parents to the school to help with activities that their child might be involved in, and will let them know that they are welcome in my class at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment