About Me

My photo
I moved to Alabama in 1978,and graduated from Fairhope High School in 1984. I attended Faulkner State Jr. College, and then the University of South Alabama where I graduated with a Marketing degree. I am married with two children, Jack and Heather, and we live in Spanish Fort. I have gone back to the University of South Alabama, and I am majoring in Elementary Education. This is my blog where you can explore some of the different things I have done in my studies.

Guided Reading/ Small Groups


Out of everything I did this semester, teaching the small group reading lessons was my favorite. I was fortunate in that I got to teach the small group reading every day I was at the school. I really enjoyed the personal interaction with the children. We read stories from the Reading Street program mostly, and some from their leveled readers. I like being able to ask each child in the group for their responses to what was being taught. It was really fun to interact with the children on a smaller, and more up close and personal level than when teaching the whole group.

No comments:

Post a Comment