About Me

My photo
I moved to Alabama in 1978,and graduated from Fairhope High School in 1984. I attended Faulkner State Jr. College, and then the University of South Alabama where I graduated with a Marketing degree. I am married with two children, Jack and Heather, and we live in Spanish Fort. I have gone back to the University of South Alabama, and I am majoring in Elementary Education. This is my blog where you can explore some of the different things I have done in my studies.

Final Reflection Post

One of our cats
This was one the most interesting classes I have ever had. I learned a lot about different kinds of websites and applications, and also the concept of a personal learning network. I experienced what making a blog is, and how to add links, pictures, and video. There were many challenges in this class, and I spent a lot of time trying to figure things out. I got to work in a group with two really cool people, and that was a lot of fun. I really like the project based learning structure. I think you learn so much more with this type of teaching method. The projects for this class were all really fun and interesting. I think this should be a two semester class, because there are so many things out there to learn. I had not thought about how I would use technology in the class room until this class. It totally woke me up from my technology slumber, and I got inspiration for what I wanted to do with technology in my classroom. This class has opened my eyes, and now I hope to incorporate as much technology as possible into my classroom. I think I will be a much more interesting and effective teacher because of the things I learned in this class. Beyond the actual physical things I learned in this class, the class sparked an interest and awareness inside me to use and learn about different technologies. I am very thankful I was able to take this class, and I am very thankful for the approach that Dr. Strange used to teach this class. Even though the actual class has ended, I feel as though the concept of the class will continue in my personal life, and has only just begun. Thank you Dr. Strange for making this a really great class.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too many uncapitalized words. I have proofread and corrected my punctuation. That is why the above post disappeared. I couldn't get into 3rd grade with the last performance.

    This is better:
    " I really like the project based learning structure. I think you learn so much more with this type of teaching method." So do I. Glad you liked it. Now teach that way!

    Thank you! And do stay involved. There are lots of ways: the Alumni Blog; some volunteer activities we are planning for next semester; commenting on the blogs of the next EDM310 class members; just dropping by the lab and offering a word of encouragement or an idea that will help someone!

    Good luck and best wishes.

    ReplyDelete