About Me

My photo
I moved to Alabama in 1978,and graduated from Fairhope High School in 1984. I attended Faulkner State Jr. College, and then the University of South Alabama where I graduated with a Marketing degree. I am married with two children, Jack and Heather, and we live in Spanish Fort. I have gone back to the University of South Alabama, and I am majoring in Elementary Education. This is my blog where you can explore some of the different things I have done in my studies.

Blog Post 12

picture of wolf


Mr. McClung Reflects On Year Two.

I liked his post. He is learning and growing as a teacher, and he really cares about his students. I liked his advice about finding a school mom who knows the system. It is obvious that he is continuing to learn and adapt his teaching style. The students are all important, and not letting other problems affect you in the classroom was a great piece of advice.

Principle of least change
School 3-d Printer
Childrens Engineering Initiative

The above videos that I watched taught me that kids love doing hands on projects. The video Principle of Least Change talked about starting where teachers are comfortable and then make the least amount of change that will still enable them to think about new ideas and produce new behaviors. I did not know a 3-d printer like that existed for schools. Very interesting new technology. The school engineering initiative talked about integrating the stem disciplines, and teaching it in the elementary schools, where kids are still developing there team work skills.

1 comment:

  1. hands-on teaching! Will you teach that way? I hope. And also continue to follow Mr. McClung!

    ReplyDelete