About Me

My photo
I moved to Alabama in 1978,and graduated from Fairhope High School in 1984. I attended Faulkner State Jr. College, and then the University of South Alabama where I graduated with a Marketing degree. I am married with two children, Jack and Heather, and we live in Spanish Fort. I have gone back to the University of South Alabama, and I am majoring in Elementary Education. This is my blog where you can explore some of the different things I have done in my studies.

Blog Post 11

picture of trees

Ms. Cassidy is a great example of how a teacher can use technology with young children. I would like to use pod casts and blogs in my classroom. I would also like to have the kids start developing there own PLN. The impediments I might encounter I think might be some security concerns since the children will be so young. I think screening comments before they are posted to my children's blogs would be a good idea. Would also need to make sure my kids understand what kind of personal information they should not post. I think the benefits of using technology in the classroom are priceless. The students begin learning at a young age what can be done with computers, and I think it really makes learning fun and interesting. I think if the kids are excited and having fun while they are learning, it will be something they will remember about my classroom forever.

2 comments:

  1. James I agree with you that teachers need to be very careful about explaining internet safety and what is ok and not ok to post on the internet. Technology is wonderful and the more that we can use it successfully in the classroom the better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we must teach kids to use the internet safely. That also applies to many things in life!

    ReplyDelete